Becoming an operator – a clear path to operational experience!
The Operations Team & Ownership Excellence
Nordic Capital has always had an industrial approach and mindset to developing stronger companies operationally, competitively, and financially. The fund puts ownership excellence at the heart of its approach and much of the value creation comes from operational improvement.
Ownership Excellence is the term we use to describe our differentiated and structured approach to company ownership and value creation. It encompasses the dedicated resources, structured structures and best practices that we provide as an engaged and active owner to drive operational improvement.
Nordic Capital's Portfolio Company Support, consisting of Operations Professionals and Industrial Advisors, plays an important role for the development of Nordic Capital's portfolio companies and the Funds’ continuous efforts to support its portfolio companies to become more competitive and successful.
Our team engages at all stages of the investment and ownership process, with a focus on developing portfolio companies and strengthening their core capabilities.
The team provides the strategic frameworks, functional expertise, project management capabilities, and analytical horsepower to deliver accelerated performance improvement – both on top and bottom-line initiatives.
The Operations Manager will support the operational performance of the companies in the portfolio through delivering the Nordic Capital investment case.
The goals of the Operations Team and its members
- To deliver a consistent approach to active portfolio management that identifies the key strategic & operational initiatives required to exceed the base case EBITDA investment plan
- To monitor and facilitate implementation of key initiatives (through strong project management skills).
- To work collaboratively and to provide leverage (i.e., increase investment productivity) for the deals teams on areas of strength.
- To achieve leverage and scalability via black-belt specialists, 3rd parties and senior advisors (e.g., IT, supply chain, process improvement, etc.)
- To make management teams more successful than they would have nominally been through analytical support, coaching, prioritization, value creation plan development and execution, disseminating best practices & tools, successful use of 3rd party firms, recruiting management talent.
- Participate in management meetings with new potential companies to outline value creation themes
- Onboarding of new portfolio companies including establishing and anchoring a value creation plan with management and board of directors
- Drive hardwiring of the value creation plan in monthly reporting
- Secure value creation plans are worked into the ways of working and the daily operation of the companies
- Coordinate with the investment teams on key initiatives to be taken
- Assist management teams in driving selected elements of the value creation plan
- Recruit key consultants / black-belts that can implement parts of the value creation plan
- Actively contribute to the development of the Nordic Capital knowledge base functionally (sales, marketing etc.) and vertically by documenting best practices and ways of working in playbooks and standard operating procedures
We will be reviewing applications frequently so please do not hesitate to submit your resumé. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Matan Ozin (Matan.Ozin@thebartonpartnership.com) at The Barton Group who we are cooperating with for this recruitment.
Nordic Capital is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive working environment and we welcome a diverse pool of applicants.
Nordic Capital is a leading private equity investor with a resolute commitment to creating stronger, sustainable businesses through operational improvement and transformative growth. Nordic Capital focuses on selected regions and sectors where it has deep experience and a long history. Focus sectors are Healthcare, Technology & Payments, Financial Services, and selectively, Industrial & Business Services. Key regions are Europe and globally for Healthcare and Technology & Payments investments.